Subject: new wi driver
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Atsushi Onoe <onoe@sm.sony.co.jp>
List: tech-net
Date: 09/27/2002 18:08:49
> 	- make ieee80211subr.c more generalized.  some of the code
> 	  can be shared even among the drivers with comlex firmware,
> 	  such as wi, an.

I'm planning to update wi driver, which uses net/if_ieee80211subr.c
as much as possible.  It is now working on several Orinoco/Intersil/Prism2
cards, even the hostap on Prism2 with WEP.  Scanning ap (wiconfig -D) and
transmitting management frame from applications are not yet completed or
implemented.

It is hard for me to test the new driver against various environment,
it would be very helpful if you find any problem before commit.
The current snapshot is found at
	http://www.netbsd.org/~onoe/wi-020927.tar.gz

Regards,

Atsushi Onoe