Subject: Re: CVS commit: syssrc/sys/net
To: Darren Reed <darrenr@reed.wattle.id.au>
From: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 09/26/2002 11:51:39
>On Wed, Sep 25, 2002 at 10:58:02PM +1000, Darren Reed wrote:
>
> > Ok, explain to me why we're not fixing the problem of the mbuf being
> > badly initialised here and instead passing a 'bad mbuf' to bpf_mtap().
> >
> > If M_PKTHDR is set, then the contents of m_pkthdr are *meant* to be
> > valid or at least that's what everyone _tells me_ (hi Jason!).

	the change you should have made with sys/net/bpf.c change was
	to update all bpf_mtap() calls from DLT_NULL interfaces (uses "struct
	mbuf" without initialization like those done in MGET).  i had no time
	for that, and because of the severety of the bug, i backed the change
	to sys/net/bpf.c out.

itojun