Subject: Myson driver won't send
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Peter. Bex <Peter.Bex@student.kun.nl>
List: tech-net
Date: 09/15/2002 16:53:36
Hello again,

My network card still won't send any packets /at all/, but receiving works
perfectly.
My thought was that perhaps something is wrong in the buffer(or descriptor)
address calculations, since I'm using 1 DMA buffer for both sending and
receiving.
Since the receive buffers are first (and the same with descriptors, as you can
see in the code I posted), and the transmit buffers come after, I started
thinking in this direction.

So my question is: Can you calculate a DMA address the way I do (by taking
dm_addr[0] + offset[in bytes]) or should I have either 2 DMA buffers (which
would create a very long piece of code to initialise it all), or calculate the
address in some other way?

Or perhaps someone has found something else I'm doing wrong? (I believe my code
is correct, at least according to the data sheets. Especially since receiving
works)

Thanks (again) for any help you can give me,
Peter Bex

        --Donald Knuth