Subject: NAT translation for netbios -
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Alok Singh <alok.singh@analog.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 09/13/2002 10:36:34
Hi,
    I've my SOHO router running netbsd. I've NAT configured on the WAN
interface.  I found that for no. of cases, netbios simply don't work. I'm
listing a particular scenario below.

                                                        --------
             Win2K Server     WAN(NAT)  SOHO    LAN               Win2K
server
                                                        -----------

If the LAN Win2k server is made to "Replicate" its entries to the WAN Win2k
Server, the listing of replicated entries on the WAN Win2k Server, shows
each entries with their Local IP addresses and also shows their owner as LAN
Win2k Server with its Local IP address. Hence WAN Win2k server can trace the
internal LAN IP address.

I want to know the deployment scenario under which the NETBIOS works fine
properly for the current BSD implementaion.

There are no. of related issues. I'll discuss those in the due course of
time.

-alok