Subject: Re: 802.11
To: None <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: M. Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 09/02/2002 16:50:45
In message: <20020827000446.T16306@dr-evil.shagadelic.org>
            Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com> writes:
:  > 	So far the CVS conflits have been trivial to resolve, (great minds
:  > think alike?). However, I would like to coordinate with whomever is also
:  > working on the ieee802.11-related code so that we don't hose or re-invent
:  > each-other's work.
:
: Send your patches in via send-pr ... I'll probably handle them.
:
:  > 	Could y'all out there in 802.11-land please get in touch with me
:  > via return email?
:
: ...and feel free to send me email about this stuff :-)

I have a long term goal of seeing a merged (or at least mostly common)
{Net,Free,Open}BSD 802.11 stack, similar to some of the items in
onoe-san's list.  It would be good to have a common infrastructure
that we can all leverage.  It would also be cool to have an effective
daemon that could do more complex things than the standard says
(filtering based on MAC address, doing different types of packet level
encryption, 802.1x, and other experimental things).

It would also be good to have a common interface to set the output
power of the cards (for those that support this).  Maybe there's
enough interest to have a specific list on this.

Warner