Subject: Re: SMTP AUTH (sendmail sasl) LDAP?
To: Stephen M. Jones <smj@cirr.com>
From: Ron Roskens <roskens@colltech.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 08/28/2002 13:57:18
Yes, I've got sendmail setup (8.12.X) to use SASL for authentication.
Works quite well.

The RunAsUser needs to have read access on the sasldb.

you might need a /usr/lib/sasl/smtpd.conf with:
pwcheck_method: sasldb

Check out this sendmail.net link for a good sendmail debugging:
http://sendmail.net/usingsmtpauth.shtml

Elfin