Subject: RFC: aironet drivers and ifconfig
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Przybylski <mikep@core.ucsd.edu>
List: tech-net
Date: 08/24/2002 15:38:08
Hello everyone,

	I am currently adding some more capabilities to the Cisco Aironet
drivers. (an.c mainly, but ifconfig.c and if_media.h are also involved)
	Here's what I am up to....
	*Making TX power settable from ifconfig or a userland utility.
	*Adding more radio mode options, (currently, it's only adhoc for
peer-to-peer mode or no options for client mode. I want to add HostAP
for sure and possibly others if there is interest.)

	What I am curious about is whether it is better to add these
options to ifconfig? or to port tools like ancontrol (one of the other
BSD's aironet tweaking utility) a-la wiconfig(8)
	I'd really like to make sure the job is done right and well enough
for it to be checked in, so thanks in advance for your thoughts.  They
will really help.

Best regards,
Mike Przybylski