Subject: Re: AX.25
To: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Christophe_Pr=E9votaux?= <c.prevotaux@hexanet.fr>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@netbsd.org>
List: tech-net
Date: 08/12/2002 21:02:44
On Mon, Aug 12, 2002 at 06:35:27PM +0200, Christophe Prévotaux wrote:
> Well no they are not ,and they are using AX25 which would be nice
> to have under Free/Open/NetBSD

AX25 level 2 is just a special subset of HDLC procedures. When you talk
AX25 over it, for connecting to BBSes (thats one of the operating modes
of Amateur packet radio) using their intelligent modems, you can use
userland tools for it - there are a couple in pkgsrc.

What we are missing, is implementing IP over AX25 lev. 2 in kernel, so that
we can use our IP stack with it. Thats not really AX25, but just their HDLC
mode.

Regards,
	-is