Subject: Re: LANCE_REVC_BUG
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Erik E. Fair <fair@clock.org>
List: tech-net
Date: 08/10/2002 15:57:50
I was the one who did the last investigation into getting the table
of production date codes and chip revisions from AMD, a few years ago
(the le.4 man page cvs log should indicate when). They claimed, after
I waited for the right engineer to come back from a vacation, that
the information about that had been thrown out ("de-archived"), but
that various "obsolete part houses" might still have it. I tried
finding some of them without much luck, but my heart wasn't really in
it, and I gave up and wrote the addendum to the le.4 man page.

If you're feeling persistent, you might have better luck than I did.
There were probably hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of the Am
7990 shipped in its time; I can't imagine that the replacement market
has completely dried up...

	Erik <fair@clock.org>