Subject: Re: faith broken?
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-net
Date: 07/28/2002 16:16:39
>>> It seems to me that before upcalling through pr_input, about four
>>> lines from the end of ip6_input, m->m_pkthdr.rcvif should be set to
>>> deliverifp.  Am I hallucinating, or is this really a bug?
>> it is not a bug.
> Then what use is the "faith" argument to in6_pcblookup_*?  Without
> changing m_ptkhdr.rcvif, the test in tcp_input() that sets "faith"
> will never trip, [...]

...except I was reading the wrong source file, one old enough that it
was still checking rcvif->if_type == IFT_FAITH here.

So it is the bug I thought it was, except that it's been fixed in a way
I never would have expected: instead of keeping track of whether the
packet actually was faithed, it does a route lookup to see whether it
should have been.

My question then becomes, what is the deliverifp code still in
ip6_input for?

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign