Subject: Re: faith broken?
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 07/28/2002 23:17:26
>>> It seems to me that before upcalling through pr_input, about four
>>> lines from the end of ip6_input, m->m_pkthdr.rcvif should be set to
>>> deliverifp.  Am I hallucinating, or is this really a bug?
>> it is not a bug.
>Then what use is the "faith" argument to in6_pcblookup_*?  Without
>changing m_ptkhdr.rcvif, the test in tcp_input() that sets "faith" will
>never trip, and the last argument to in6_pcblookup_* will be 0.

	which source code are you looking at?  if you are looking at current
	(1.6D), there's no use of m->m_pkthdr.rcvif for determination of
	variable "faith".

itojun

--- tcp_input.c near line 1070
#if defined(NFAITH) && NFAITH > 0
                faith = faithprefix(&ip6->ip6_dst);
#else
                faith = 0;
#endif
                in6p = in6_pcblookup_connect(&tcb6, &ip6->ip6_src, th->th_sport,
                        &ip6->ip6_dst, th->th_dport, faith);