Subject: ISDN support for HFC-S
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Tomi Nylund <wizard@in.finland.invalid>
List: tech-net
Date: 07/12/2002 01:32:53
Hello,

just installed netbsd-1.6_beta4 for i386, and tested the
GENERIC_ISDN kernel. dmesg output looks like this:

wsdisplay0 at vga0 kbdmux 1: console (80x25, vt100 emulation)
wsmux1: connecting to wsdisplay0
Cologne Chip Designs HFC-S (miscellaneous network, revision 0x02) at
pci0 dev 12
 function 0 not configured
isa0 at pcib0
com0 at isa0 port 0x3f8-0x3ff irq 4: ns16550a, working fifo
com1 at isa0 port 0x2f8-0x2ff irq 3: ns16550a, working fifo

And that's it. No ISDN for this machine..

I remember that when I asked this thing in April, Martin answered me,
that support for this chip was "almost ready". Anyone has any more info
about the status of this? Would love to get it working :)

Regards,

Tomi

PS: Please test our home-made patches for ipfilter, fixing logging
issues
on sparc64. They seem to work also on i386 for me. You can find more
info
on bug reports kern/17403 & 17404. I'll send these to Darren, if they
work
on other platforms also.

PPS: Please reply to the mailing list, as my e-mail address is
obfuscated
to repel spammers.