Subject: DEC DE205 (LEMAC) PIO mode
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Felix Deichmann <f.dei@gmx.de>
List: tech-net
Date: 06/10/2002 22:22:55
Hi,

I'm wondering if the DEC DE205 uses PIO mode instead of shared mem under
NetBSD, because I found the following in the Linux-Ethernet-HOWTO:

"These cards use a proprietary chip from DEC, as opposed to the LANCE chip
used in the earlier cards like the DE200. These cards support both shared
memory or programmed I/O, although you take about a 50%performance hit if you use
PIO mode."

I can only get the "2K window" (and I think it's shared mem). Is it possible
to force PIO mode, or is it the "2K window" already?

Regards

Felix

http://www.gmx.net