Subject: Driver for NetDock and Ether MicroDock
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Takeo Kuwata <tkuwata@virus.kyoto-u.ac.jp>
List: tech-net
Date: 06/05/2002 14:12:38
Hi,

I am trying to use NetBSD 1.5.X on Apple Macintosh Duo series.
For the Duo series, some Ether apparatuses, such as Newer EtherMicroDock and
Asante NetDock are available. Daishi Kato wrote a driver (if_netcock_nubus.c)
for Asante NetDock, and improved it for NetBSD1.5 and Newer EtherMicroDock.
This driver works fine in Duo230/NetBSD 1.5.

For use in NetBSD1.5.1 and 1.5.2, I had to modify if_netdock_nubus.c because a
modification for VLAN support (changes in sys/net/if_ether.h and
sys/net/if_ethersubr.c) affected if_netdock_nubus.c. In NetBSD1.5.1 and 1.5.2,
if_netdock_nubus.c for NetBSD 1.5 could not receive packets.

Thus, I modified if_netdock_nubus.c for NetBSD1.5.1 and 1.5.2 like
sys/arch/next68k/dev/mb8795.c. This modification enabled to receive packets,
but still had a bug. The received files were not correct, and the file volume
increased.
Maybe, the modification for VLAN support changed "ETHER_MAX_LEN" or something,
and if_netdock_nubus.c shuld delete VLAN tag or something to receive packets.
However, I do not understand VLAN. Moreover, I can not understand source codes.
Thus, please modify if_netdock_nubus.c to receive packets normally.

Drivers and a patch are here.

duopatch_1.5.1: Patch for Duo and netdock
http://ringo.mine.nu/dl/duopatch_1.5.1

if_netdock_nubus.c.15: Driver for NetBSD 1.5
http://ringo.mine.nu/dl/if_netdock_nubus.c.15

if_netdock_nubus.c.151-152: Driver for NetBSD 1.5.1-1.5.2
http://ringo.mine.nu/dl/if_netdock_nubus.c.151-152

These kernels are available at,

1.5 kernel
http://ringo.mine.nu/dl/netbsd.DUO_15.gz

1.5.1 kernel
http://ringo.mine.nu/dl/netbsd.DUO_151.gz

1.5.2 kernel
http://ringo.mine.nu/dl/netbsd.DUO_152.gz

Also, I tested in -current.

if_netdock_nubus.c.-current: Driver for NetBSD -current
http://ringo.mine.nu/dl/if_netdock_nubus.c.-current

-current 20020527(ELF) kernel
http://ringo.mine.nu/dl/netbsd.DUO_20020527.gz

I would be very happy if anyone would solve this bug.

tkuwata (Takeo Kuwata)
e-mail: tkuwata@mac.com
WWW: http://ringo.mine.nu