Subject: Re: DEC DE205 (LEMAC) setup
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Stefan Schumacher <stefan@net-tex.de>
List: tech-net
Date: 05/31/2002 09:33:14
On Fri, 31 May 2002, Felix Deichmann wrote:

> I want to purchase two DE205 NICs for my router. There is a userland tool for
> Linux (and also one for DOS) to setup the card (IRQ etc. I think).
> How is this done under NetBSD? I can't see jumpers on the card, but
> nevertheless it seems to be no isapnp device.

I didn't find any tool capable running under NetBSD, so I used a DOS-tool
provided by DEC (it is available at Compaq Website) and a DR-DOS-bootdisk
provided by Caldera.

> How does the card compare to other cards (e.g. 3COM) concerning performance?

I use 3 of them in a DEC 21066 as DSL Router, it's enough performance
for my homenetwork.

--
http://www.net-tex.de

This eMail was presented by:
NetBSD/Alpha 1.5.2. feat. DEC Alpha 21066-AA