Subject: Repeatable problem with rtadvd
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Tomi Nylund <wizard@finland.invalid>
List: tech-net
Date: 05/20/2002 22:35:40
Hello,

I've encountered a strange problem with rtadvd when changing routing
table by hand. It starts to hog all the CPU resources, and complains:

May 20 22:09:59 sik-gw1 rtadvd[3252]: <nd6_options>
unexpected ND option(type 1)

The machine in question acts as a ipv6 router for our network.

How-to-repeat:

1) Boot a machine, start rtadvd on some interface, say, fxp1.
Specify this in rtadvd_flags at /etc/rc.conf
rtadvd_flags="-d -s fxp1"

2) Now, add for example a gif interface:
ifconfig gif1 up

3) Watch rtadvd take all CPU and complain about nd6_options.

Is this a known issue, or should I send-pr it?

System:
NetBSD/sparc

Kernel:
NetBSD sik-gw1 1.5.3_RC2 NetBSD 1.5.3_RC2 (SIK-FIREWALL-IPV6) #0:
Mon May 20 13:05:41 EEST 2002
root@sik-gw1:/mnt/syssrc/sys/arch/sparc/compile/SIK-FIREWALL-IPV6 sparc

Please note, this has gone on for ages, it didn't start with the
new kernel.

Regards,

Tomi

PS: Please reply to the mailing list, as my e-mail address is obfuscated
to repel spammers.