Subject: Re: ipf on pppoe0 problem at boot time
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.de>
List: tech-net
Date: 05/04/2002 21:34:55
In article <87lmazwzgh.fsf@minor-variation.et.reziprozitaet.de>,
	Klaus Klein <kleink@reziprozitaet.de> writes:
> Well, ipf -y will issue a SIOCFRSYN ioctl to ipfilter, which in turn
> will call its frsync() function, which is a no-op.
>
> "What am I missing?"

I don't know but for some reason it is working. I tried this:

1.) Use "ifconfig pppoe0 down" and "ifconfig pppoe0 destroy" to delete
    my PPPoE interface.

2.) I stopped and started IP Filter.

3.) I recreated and configured "pppoe0".

4.) I verified that the IP Filter rules are *not* working on "pppoe0".

5.) I started "ipf -y".

6.) I verified that the IP Filter rules are working on "pppoe0".

I've tried that before the change to "baserc/etc/rc.d/network" and I tried
it again a minute ago. It worked both times. My guess is that opening
the device triggers the magic.

	Kind regards

--
Matthias Scheler                                  http://scheler.de/~matthias/