Subject: pcmcia ne2000 card problem
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Randall Stewart <randall@stewart.chicago.il.us>
List: tech-net
Date: 03/13/2002 08:03:05
Hi:

I am having an interesting problem with a couple
of linksys pcmcia cards that I recently purchased.

When I put one of these cards on a 10 Megabit HUB
I can ftp and get throughput approaching the full ethernet
... I can ftp a Xsrc file (around 25 Meg) in about 25 seconds.

Now if I put my 100Meg-a-bit Switch in place and transfer the
same file.. it tells me the estimated time of transfer is
50-60 minutes...

I even tried a cross over cable... no luck..

After a bit of closer examination it looks that I am
getting about a 7% loss rate...

Now I was thinking it might be some sort of

ifconfig nex media /mediaopt issue..

however I can't set the ethernet mediaopt to say 1/2 duplex
since the driver has it setup

media: Ethernet manual

So... any ideas.. is there a way I can set the media type/options?

The exact type that spits out when I plug it in is:

ne2 at pcmcia0 function 0 port 0x400-0x40f port 0x410-0x41f
ne2 Planex FNW-3700-T (AX88190) Ethernet
ne2 Ethernet address 00:04:5a:98:0b:86

Any suggestions would be welcome..

Thanks

Randall R. Stewart