Subject: Re: Problems with gsip(4)
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.de>
List: tech-net
Date: 03/04/2002 22:14:21
On Mon, Mar 04, 2002 at 09:21:14AM -0800, Jason R Thorpe wrote:
> Try increasing the LT value in for the device in the BIOS config menus
> (the value is in units of PCI clocks, and the bottom 3 bits are usually
> always 0, i.e. you can generally change it with a granularity of 8 clocks).

The latency was initially set to 32. I tried with 64 but it didn't work well.
I tried again with 32 and it worked quite well in single user mode. Now
with both boxes in multi user mode it happens again.

It seems that the good old Intel 440BX gets really challegend by those NICs.

	Kind regards

--
Matthias Scheler                                  http://scheler.de/~matthias/