Subject: Problems with gsip(4)
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.de>
List: tech-net
Date: 03/04/2002 08:09:26
	Hello,

I recently added two D-Links DGE500T to two of my NetBSD systems. While
the card works quite well in one of the systems the other one has a
real hard time with it in Gigabit mode:

gsip0: transmit FIFO underrun; increasing Tx drain threshold to 544 bytes
gsip0: transmit FIFO underrun; increasing Tx drain threshold to 576 bytes
[...]
gsip0: transmit FIFO underrun; increasing Tx drain threshold to 1280 bytes
gsip0: transmit FIFO underrun; increasing Tx drain threshold to 1312 bytes

Both system have an ASUS CUBX (Intel 440BX chipset) motherboard and use
NetBSD-current from yesterday's sources. The system with the problems has
a Pentium III 700MHz processor, the system without problems a Celeron
1.1GHz processor. Is it really the difference in CPU speed which makes
the card work in one system and fail in the other or is there probably
something else wrong?

	Kind regards

--
Matthias Scheler                                  http://scheler.de/~matthias/