Subject: Re: problems with NAT
To: Zoltan HERPAI <wigyori@2p.hu>
From: Mike Pumford <mpumford@black-star.demon.co.uk>
List: tech-net
Date: 03/03/2002 16:33:21
> hi,
>

> i have to make a samba server (got some m$ boxes around).
> samba-2.2.0 compiles fine, smbd and nmbd runs, port 139 is of course open,
> but the m$ boxes don't 'see' the netbsd box. does the lack of smbfs in the
> kernel causes this? if it does, how can i include smbfs support in kernel?
> added this into kernel, but at compiling it shows some errors, and dies.
> #file-system    SMBFS           # SaMBa file system
> #options                SMB
> #options                SMBD
> #options                NMBD

No need for this for samba to work. I would advise checking the samba
documentation to see how to troubleshoot what is going on but my first guess is
that your MS machines are in a different workgroup to your samba machine. IIRC
there is a Samba newsgroup which will be more useful than this list for
helping you with samba problems.

Good luck

Mike

Mike