Subject: problems with NAT
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Zoltan HERPAI <wigyori@2p.hu>
List: tech-net
Date: 03/02/2002 13:30:01
a few days ago, I changed the os of my 'router' from freebsd to netbsd,
because the eepro driver didn't worked well in fbsd, but ran into some
problems with nat.

the box has one interface, rtk0, which is connected over a hub to the dsl
modem AND the local network. rp-pppoe brings up the ppp0 if for dsl over
rtk0, kernel is compiled with options GATEWAY, and /etc/ipnat.conf looks
like:
map ppp0 10.1.1.0/24 -> 0/32 portmap tcp/udp 10000:20000

first i was just wondering why this doesn't work (everywhere i referred
to the faqs and mans), but then got some weird (i think) thing:
root@ironcurtain:/# ipnat -l
List of active MAP/Redirect filters:
unknown value for in_redir: 0
  0.0.0.0/0  -> 0.0.0.0/0
List of active sessions:
kmemcpy:read: Bad address
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

what does this mean? (and why my nat doesn't work? :) ) what am i missing?
:)

Wigyori
Zoltan HERPAI
Admin of 2P.hu