Subject: Re: LCP timeout sending Config-Requests
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Martin Gerbing <martin@gerbing.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 12/18/2001 15:09:23
Hello again,

thanks for the hints. I tried it but it is still the same.
For a better description of my problem I write my /etc/ppp/options down:

# /etc/ppp/options
lock
crtscts
115200
modem
defaultroute
noipdefault

And here is my /etc/ppp/peers/provider:
# /etc/ppp/peers/provider
connect '/usr/sbin/chat -v -f /etc/ppp/peers/provider.chat'
noauth
user myusername
remotename provider

And here is my /etc/ppp/peers/provider.chat:
# /etc/ppp/peers/provider.chat
ABORT BUSY
ABORT "NO CARRIER"
ABORT "NO DIALTONE"
'' ATZ OK
'' ATDT010900191799  # Phonenumber of provider
TIMEOUT 500
connect ''
ogin: myloginname
ssword: mypassword

On my prompt I enter:
:>  pppd call provider

Then the following message comes:
Serial connection established
Using interface ppp0
Connect: ppp0 <--> /dev/tty01

and after a time (~ 5 minutes) the following is written to me:
LCP: timeout sending Config-Requests

By an other provider there comes only trash back to me (noreadable lines :(( ).
I don't know more :(

Does anybody can help me, please?

Thanks for all your help and hints.

Martin