Subject: Re: pppoe problem
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@netbsd.org>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: tech-net
Date: 12/16/2001 14:35:42
> In the T-Online case - as far as I've heard - the problem is that T-Online
> designed their A-DSL network (and private user tariff) for single PCs, and
> simply don't care what happens if you connect a "router" (really, NAT box).

I've heard similar rumors, but I have no hard evidence for it being true.

I certainly do get need-to-frag ICMPs back when I try "ping -D -s (something
large enough)" from systems out there on the internet to my local t-online
dynamic IP address.

This, IMHO, shows that t-online can't be blamed for PMTU-D blackholes.

Martin