Subject: Re: pppoe problem
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Christopher Vance <vance@aurema.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 12/16/2001 22:36:03
On Fri, Dec 14, 2001 at 03:56:43PM -0500, der Mouse wrote:
: You also might try NetBSD recent enough that it does MSS clamping.

Martin seemed to indicate it wouldn't happen inside (non-rp) pppoe and
that he though ipfilter was the place for it.

: It's the Wrong Fix, but since it appears you're willing to paper over
: the problem instead of fixing it....

I understand the "right fix" IYO has to do with the fixing of a router
somewhere between me and cvsup servers on two different continents.
Perhaps even within my not particularly competent ISP.

Is there some tool other than traceroute for finding the perpetrator,
and what's the magic phrase to use to describe the problem in a way
that the Microsoft-quality technical staff might understand?

--
Christopher Vance