Subject: Re: Can't receive IPv6 link local multicast
To: Andrew White <awhite@arc.corp.mot.com>
From: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 11/20/2001 16:35:57
>>[This is a brief resend of the message from 9 Nov:
>>http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-net/2001/11/09/0000.html ]
>>
>>IPv6 link local multicast packets for addresses other than ff02::1 do not
>>seem to be delivered to the application.  The application joins the
>>multicast group (say ff02::114) and listens (blocks in select).  The address
>>ff02::114 appears in netstat and ifmcstat, but the no packets appear on
>>either the receive queue in netstat or in the application.
>>
>>tcpdump (on sender and receiver) suggests that the packets are being
>>transmitted correctly and have the correct ethernet MAC address.
>>
>>Any suggestions?
>	it looks like a bug in netbsd-current integration of kame.  let me
>	check further.

	i've tested it again, and it looks to me a issue with ethernet driver.
	if you have other ethernet card to try out, please do test with those.
	netbsd-current/i386 with wi/pcmcia as receiver:
		does not receive traffic to ff02::123
	netbsd-current/i386 with de/pci as receiver:
		does receive traffic to ff02::123

itojun