Subject: Device busy with altq and NetBSD 1.5
To: None <kjc@csl.sony.co.jp>
From: Zdenek Salvet <salvet@ics.muni.cz>
List: tech-net
Date: 11/15/2001 23:29:19
Hello,

I have run into the problem today and found the bug:
chrtoblktbl[] must be updated in sys/arch/<arch>/<arch>/conf.c with

     /* 75 */        NODEV,

when allocating new device major number.
Otherwise, at security level >= 1, the device could be erroneously
treated as protected one (disks,/dev/mem etc.).

PS. It's a pity that NetBSD epic driver (dev/ic/smc83c170.c) is not ALTQified
in the distributed patch. Please include it in the next version. Thanks.

--
Zdenek Salvet                                              salvet@ics.muni.cz
system administrator