Subject: Re: your mail
To: susan hayes <susan0101@hotmail.com>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillham@vaultron.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 11/03/2001 10:29:15
On Sat, Nov 03, 2001 at 03:25:53PM +0000, susan hayes wrote:
> I installed the NetBSD1.5.1(i386) kernel source code (from syssrc.tar). I
> can not find ipf.c file. Later I found ipf directory in the src.tar file.
> But there are several errors when I tried to compile it. Do I need to
> rewrite the makefile and change the configuration file myself? Could you
> give me some suggestions? I will appreciate it.

If you are trying to build a new kernel, just do this:
# cd /usr/src/sys/arch/i386/conf
# config GENERIC
# cd ../compile/GENERIC
# make depend all

If you are trying to rebuild the 'ipf' program, then you need src.tgz also.
Then you can do this:
# cd /usr/src/usr.sbin/ipf
# make depend all install

If you could provide more details of what you are trying to accomplish, we
can help you better.

-Andrew