Subject: undefinded PLT symbol with cyrus-sasl
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Ed Ravin <eravin@panix.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 10/16/2001 20:54:15
I'm trying to get a local build of cyrus-sasl-1.5.24 working on a NetBSD
1.5.1 box.  I've copied the patches and other changes from pkgsrc, and
when I try to do anything useful, I get this error in syslog:

   Oct 16 20:45:19 testhost lt-sample-client: unable to dlopen /usr/lib/sasl/libdigestmd5.so: /usr/lib/sasl/libdigestmd5.so: Undefined PLT symbol "des_ecb_encrypt" (reloc type = 7, symnum = 23)

What exactly does this error mean? The symbol being complained
about is in libcrypto.so - why would this not get loaded the usual way?

If I use the pkgsrc binaries then everything works, so it's clear that
I've done something wrong with my build.  But what?