Subject: tlp0: {MII,CRC} error
To: None <thorpej@netbsd.org>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 08/10/2001 21:59:24
What's up with the tlp driver?  I've tried two different kinds of cards with
a lot of issues.

My cable modem is on a

   tlp1 at pci0 dev 11 function 0: Lite-On 82C115 Ethernet, pass 2.5

and I've tried both the following on the local net:

   tlp0 at pci0 dev 8 function 0: Lite-On 82C115 Ethernet, pass 2.5
   tlp0 at pci0 dev 8 function 0: DECchip 21041 Ethernet, pass 2.1

On the cable modem, I get this several times a day:

   tlp1: receive error: MII error
   tlp1: receive error: CRC error

On the local net, when under NFS load, I get this several times a minute
(with the 21041, several times a *SECOND* with NFS or Samba):

   tlp0: receive error: frame too long
   tlp0: receive error: MII error
   tlp0: receive error: CRC error

What do I need to do to debug this?  I'd like to get NFS working so I can
test out some things on alpha and arm....

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  Wasabi NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- NetBSD 1.5 now available on CD-ROM  --  http://www.wasabisystems.com/