Subject: Re: Ricochet STRIP support for 128Kbps models?
To: Andrew Gillham <gillham@vaultron.com>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: tech-net
Date: 08/07/2001 19:00:17
Andrew Gillham <gillham@vaultron.com>  wrote:
 > With the Metricom network being shutoff tomorrow, there may be a ton of the
 > Ricochet GS models available cheap.  With updated strip(4) drivers, they
 > could be used as a simple home wireless network.

further to the above.  I did get my modems working together. Technically
you're supposed to be able to get up to 400kbps but I've only ever managed
to get about 14.20 KB/sec using ttcp.  If the modems are too close together,
I get worse throughput.  I have one downstairs and one upstairs and can
get 14KB/sec...  I still prefer 802.11 far and away.