Subject: Re: TCP send buffer free space-Conclusion
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@theory.cs.uni-bonn.de>
From: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 07/19/2001 17:59:48
>> err... but... TCP urgent data aren't. That is, it is an urgent pointer, n=
>ot
>> urgent data, as far as I understood. especially, it is not really an=20
>> effective out of band channel, contrary what the $(FOO)_OOB$(BAR)
>> constants abused to control it even for TCP make you think...

	from what I understand, urgent data pointer does provide out-of-band
	data processing (see stevens TCP/IP illustrated vol II, p 983).
	not sure if it fits the originator's goal, but anyway, it is useful
	when you try to send ^C over telnet channel.
	(if the receive buffer is totally full, yes, it may not be accepted...
	i need to check)

>As always, if I'm wrong, somebody please correct me.

	same for me...

itojun