Subject: Re: Experimental EAP support for Aironet
To: Atsushi Onoe <onoe@sm.sony.co.jp>
From: Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang@wsrcc.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 06/29/2001 10:08:10
> I've commit experimental EAP support for aironet 'an' driver.
> It requires the firmware revision at least 4.23 (342/352),
> Cisco's AP-350 access point, and CiscoSecure ACS 2.6 RADIUS server
> product to enable LEAP.

It looks interesting.  I don't have an access point so unfortunately I
can't test it.

Do you by any chance know if the cisco/aironet programmers docs are
available online?  I'm trying to add enough support so that I can take
my laptop to a coffee-house equipt with 802.11b and have a fair chance
of connecting up there.  One thing I really need is to be able to
change channels from the default (of "6" in the US).  I'm trying to
figure out why I can't change channels on the aironet.  The channel
changes as far as the RID commands show, but the radio clearly doesn't
stop talking to its peer - so it really didn't change.  Perhaps I have
to turn the MAC (radio) off, change the RID, and turn the MAC on???

-wolfgang
--
       Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang+gnus@dailyplanet.wsrcc.com>
		    http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/