Subject: Re: releasing IP
To: Andrew Gillham <gillham@vaultron.com>
From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?=D8yvin?= Halfdan Thuv <thuv@nextra.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 06/28/2001 16:22:57
Andrew Gillham wrote:
> You might need to create /etc/dhclient.conf:
>       interface "blah0" {
>            send host-name "your assigned name from cable guy";
>            send dhcp-lease-time 3600;
>            request subnet-mask, broadcast-address, time-offset, routers,
>                 domain-name, domain-name-servers, host-name;
>            require subnet-mask, domain-name-servers;
>            script "/etc/dhclient-script";
>        }

hmmm...ok I tried this earlier but I decided to go for the default
values as this should work fine. So I emptied the file (commented
everything out). As far as I know this would do the same as a windoze
box would do, and windoze should work fine...but I don't have
windoze...so I don't know that for sure :)

thanks anyway

--
Øyvin