Subject: Re: gre tunneling causing predictable reboot
To: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
From: Rick Byers <RickB@BigScaryChildren.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 04/18/2001 22:46:01
On Thu, 19 Apr 2001 itojun@iijlab.net wrote:

> >Its a mystery to me.  But just incase anyone else might experience the
> >same frustrating problem, I thought I'd report it.  Anyone care to take a
> >crack at the cause of this?  Since this problem is completely repeatable
> >on my machine, I'm willing to do experiments (after I get back from
> >Floridia on the 26th) to help narrow down the cause.
>
> 	if you could enable DDB and get the kernel stack trace (by tapping
> 	"trace" against DDB prompt) it will be really helpful.

DDB is enabled (I can enter the debugger from the console) and ddb.onpanic
was set to 1.  Thats why I am mystified as to how to debug it.  Its
rebooting without a panic message / core dump (savecore doesn't come up
with anything).  It doesn't even try to flush the disks before rebooting -
the screen just flickers and the boot sequence begins.

Rick