Subject: How to increase the socket buffer in netbsd 1.3.2
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: diepchitran <diepchi.tran@lerc.nasa.gov>
List: tech-net
Date: 04/17/2001 14:54:57
Hi netbsd-users,

I use ttcp to run a test on a  long delay and high speed testbed (the
bandwidth-delay-product is 3.125MByte). When I set the -b (socket buffer
size ) option greater than 1.6MByte, I get an error message "no buffer
space available" ( errorno:55). I increased the SB_MAX to 6.25MByte (2*BDP)
,  the tcp_sendspace and tcp_recvspace to 65K and 6.25MBbyte, and the
NMBCLUSTERS to 8194, but I still get the same error message. Is there any
limitation on socket buffer size in version 1.3.2 ?. If not, could you
please show me what I should do to increase the socket buffer size?.

Thank you very much,
Cindy