Subject: Re: latest ipfilter, IPv6 handling
To: Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino <itojun@iijlab.net>
From: Darren Reed <darrenr@reed.wattle.id.au>
List: tech-net
Date: 03/28/2001 22:29:02
In some email I received from Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino, sie wrote:
> 	ip6->ip6_plen can be 0 if the packet is IPv6 jumbogram, you will
> 	want to do something about it.

Do you mean >64k jumbograms ?  I'd like to see one get sent first.

On Solaris, with fiber channel and an MTU of 65420, I end up with
~9k packets because of internal buffering problems.

> fil.c:fr_ifpaddr()
> 	on KAME platforms, may need to take care of embedded scope identifiers.
> 	in sin6.sin6_addr.s6_addr16[1].

What are you saying here ?  They're not already included ?
Please explain.

> ip_fil.c:send_ip()
> 	why ip6_hlim is set to 127?

Got to set it to something!  Is there an equivalent to tcp_ttl for
IPv6 ?

> ip_fil.c:send_reset()
> 	packet size may possibly overrun mbuf, on certain operating systems
> 	(like MSIZE == 128 and sizeof(void *) == 8).

huh ?

In send_reset(), it is ONLY IPv6 + TCP.
You're telling me that'll overflow 128 bytes ?!
Likewise, I don't see anything that does anything with "sizeof(void *)"/

Darren