Subject: having dhclient ignore an interface
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
List: tech-net
Date: 03/19/2001 12:33:44
  The stf interface does not have POINTOPOINT set, (nor should it).
  So, dhclient wants to try and manage it.

  We discussed awhile ago adding some kind of flag to interfaces that
can never be configured via DHCP (e.g. stf) so that dhclient could ignore
them.
  As an alternative measure some way to do:

  "dhclient -w wi0 ep0"

  and not have have dhclient exit if neither interface has been
found. (Because, for instance, I'm in my room, or on the plane)

] Train travel features AC outlets with no take-off restrictions|gigabit is no[
]   Michael Richardson, Solidum Systems   Oh where, oh where has|problem  with[
]     mcr@solidum.com   www.solidum.com   the little fishy gone?|PAX.port 1100[