Subject: Re: "syntax" error at startup with route/ifconfig binaries.
To: None <sommerfeld@orchard.arlington.ma.us>
From: Shiva Shenoy <shiva_s@yahoo.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 03/14/2001 14:08:44
Thanks! Bill. That was it. Statically linking
solved the problem for me.

# file /sbin/route
/sbin/route: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386,
version 1, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), not
stripped
# file /sbin/route.orig
/sbin/route.orig: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel
80386, version 1, statically linked, stripped

Thanks
Shiva

--- Bill Sommerfeld