Subject: Re: PCI network driver -- receive pkts with 0xDEADBEEF
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
List: tech-net
Date: 02/10/2001 16:52:56
    Shashi> :   Do you have a routine to dump your xmit descriptor ring?

    Shashi> not really. i am unable to figure out what the best way to "print"
    Shashi> stuff from the kernel is. i use printf sometimes, but it's probably
    Shashi> not the best way. i dont know what the equivalent of the /proc
    Shashi> filesystem from linux is on netbsd...

  printf() or log() is the best way.
  serial console makes this useable if you set at another system with a nice
big scroll back buffer.

    Shashi> :   What chip are you targetting, out of curiosity.

    Shashi> it's our own fpga for our router. unfortunately, i dont know how
    Shashi> much more i am allowed to say about this. :(

  Interesting.

    Shashi> also, i finally fixed the problem that i originally reported, of the
    Shashi> transmit logic picking up freed mbufs. it was exactly that -- my
    Shashi> code in the transmit-complete interrupt handler would mercilessly
    Shashi> free all txsoft structures in the txdirtyq without checking to see
    Shashi> if they had been indeed transmitted!

    Shashi> i fixed that and things work fine except for another problem which
    Shashi> i will describe in a following post.

  Good luck!

] Train travel features AC outlets with no take-off restrictions|gigabit is no[
]   Michael Richardson, Solidum Systems   Oh where, oh where has|problem  with[
]     mcr@solidum.com   www.solidum.com   the little fishy gone?|PAX.port 1100[