Subject: Re: PPPoA?
To: Nick Hudson <nick@nthcliff.demon.co.uk>
From: Nick Hibma <n_hibma@calcaphon.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 02/06/2001 10:21:14
There is no news wrt to the SpeedTouch modem. I've seen on The Register
that the Linux gang has made some noise about the fact that there are no
drivers for the SpeedTouch for Linux. Alcatel is making a fool of
themselves.

I've spoken to Johan at the beginning of Jan. and he was negative about
the possibility of an open source driver. If anything is going to be
done, most probably Taavi Talvik <taavi@uninet.ee> is the first one to
ask for an update. He promised to write the driver once the specs are
available. Once that is done, porting it to NetBSD should be
straightforward.

Nick

--
Qube Software, Ltd.                                             Private:
n_hibma@qubesoft.com                              n_hibma@webweaving.org