Subject: Re: Zembu Packet Classifier -- would like to put it in the mainline
To: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
From: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 12/29/2000 22:50:00
> > * I have SERIOUS reservations about NetBSD components being named
> >   after companies.  This sets a bad precedent, and I envision a day
> >   when it won't be possible to even read documentation without seeing
> >   what is effectively advertising.  This was never done in the
> >   Berkeley days, either, even though many components (e.g. label
> >   support) were contributed wholesale.  NetBSD is an operating system,
> >   not an advertising medium.
>
>"Berkeley Packet Filter"

adb (4) - Apple Desktop Bus event interface
atalk (4) - AppleTalk Protocol Family
ate (4) - Allied-Telesis Ethernet driver based on Fujitsu MB8696xA controllers
aue (4) - ADMtek AN986 Pegasus USB Ethernet driver
cac (4) - Compaq array controller driver
clcs (4) - Cirrus Logic CS4280 audio device driver
cms (4) - Creative Music System device driver
cz (4) - Cyclades-Z series multi-port serial adapter device driver
ess (4) - ESS Technology AudioDrive family audio device driver

seriously though, does this mean i'll finally be able to

(1) filter based on mac addr?
(2) log the mac addr?
(3) use tcpdump on only "inbound" or "outbound" packets?

if so, cool.

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|