Subject: Re: Zembu Packet Classifier -- would like to put it in the mainline
To: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 12/29/2000 01:10:13
On Thu, 28 Dec 2000, Jason R Thorpe wrote:

:  > * First of all, I agree with the concept.  (After all, I proposed the
:  >   idea years ago myself.)  However, it doesn't make sense to ask
:  >   people to give you a green light to commit something based on a man
:  >   page alone.  Even disregarding actual code, there are many things
:  >   you've left unspecified -- such as where it actually hooks into the
:  >   network stack.
:
: Ah, you're right.  It uses the PFIL_HOOKS mechanism.  So, take a look
: at where those hooks are currently.

...If that's the case, then it seems fairly non-intrusive (which is a very
good thing).

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  Wasabi NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- NetBSD 1.5 now available on CD-ROM  --  http://www.wasabisystems.com/