Subject: Limiting bandwidth usage on net connections?
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Brian Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 12/27/2000 17:08:49
Is there a way within NetBSD to artificially limit the throughput of
network connections?  For example, let us say I've got a NetBSD system
acting as a NAT box to the internet.  My internet connection to that NAT
box is a 128kbps ISDN line.  I've got multiple systems on 100Mbit ethernet
behind the NAT box.

For most of those boxes, I would like to limit their peak throughput to
the internet at around 64kbps.  Are there ways under NetBSD to divide up
your bandwidth like this... either based on individual IP addresses or on
a subnet?

-brian.
--- Brian Chase | bdc@world.std.com | http://world.std.com/~bdc/ -----
              And at work today, I screwed up by sending out an
               apology for something I didn't even do!  -- K.