Subject: ProxyARP
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Abhishek Khandelwal <abhishek@impulsesoft.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 11/18/2000 00:45:23
I had been trying to add a Proxy ARP entry into routing table .I am
developing a router on ECOS which does not provides standard interfaces like
arp or netstat command.

I have two networks on two interfaces of a router. These networks have same
subnetmask because the router will be primarily acting as a bridge  One side
is a ethernet based network and other side  some dial up network. I want to
make an entry into routing table for the host on dial up side into routing
table on the router.

I have attempted making entries using Sockets , using call to arplookup
but it doesn't seems to work.

When I attempt to make an entry into routing table through arplookup it
makes an entry but does not responds to the ARP reply.....

Can anyone help we , what is the the proper sequence of initialising
andmaking routing table entries for PROXY Arp.

regards,

Abhishek