Subject: Re: 802.1q hardware support
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 11/13/2000 16:39:40
On Mon, Nov 13, 2000 at 11:02:41PM +0100, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

 > Note that M_VLAN1Q/mh_info can be used for the receive part as well,
 > to avoid calling vlan_input_tag() from the driver itself (will be from
 > if_input).

Yes, please.  Symmetry is good.  It also means you can eliminate
#if NVLAN from the ti driver.  It also means you can eliminte that
extra vlan_input_ifv() function, and replace it with a simple goto :-)

 > Note that the lines in the patch below won't match for if_ti.c: to get
 > hardware tagging to work I had to update the firmware, so I started pulling
 > up changes from FreeBSD. This will give us support for the copper variant
 > of the board (gigabit over cat5).
 >
 > Comments ? I'd like to commit this soon, so that I can start working
 > on hardware checksum (I'm sure someone would ask :)

Besides my comments above and please put the info field in the pkthdr,
it looks good.

--
        -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>