Subject: Re: Does ATM on NetBSD work ?
To: Darren Reed <darrenr@reed.wattle.id.au>
From: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 11/11/2000 12:12:58
>Hmmmm...if I try and ping the NetBSD pvc0 interface, tcpdump shows me this:

	maybe tcpdump is not decoding the frame right (like we are using
	incorrect DLT value).  i'm not sure about this part, i have no
	debugging environment (maybe kjc@csl.sony.co.jp can help us).

>I also saw one of these:
>pvc0: recv'd invalid LLC/SNAP frame [vp=0,vc=100]

	is it when you sent something from the other end?

>Hmm, how would one write an ARP server for ATM or find docs on what needs
>to happen for one to work ?

	there are tons of RFCs, with very complex content.
	http://www.msci.magic.net/harp/ has an implementation on FreeBSD.

	as we can buy GbE dirt cheap, and ATM switches are way too expensive,
	for me there's no motivation to do any ATM work...
	(modulo simple PVC support)

itojun