Subject: Re: maximum capacity of harddisk which NetBSD 1.4.1 support
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@zembu.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 11/08/2000 10:04:08
On Wed, 8 Nov 2000, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

> On Tue, 7 Nov 2000, By Will wrote:
> > I am working on a project, whose packages are based on NetBSD
> > 1.4.1. Could anyone tell me the maximum capacity of harddisk which
> > NetBSD 1.4.1 support?
>
> max. capacity is probably much much higher, but the biggest "disk" I've
> used was a 120GB hardware RAID ("Arena"). ISTR someone doing some RAIDs in
> the TB-category at NASA...

Uhm, tech-net is not the right place to be discussing tis.

At NAS (part of NASA at Moffett Field in Mountain View), I was routinely
using MegaDrive RAID boxes, and they had 155 GB in them (well the exported
volumes were 155 GB - the box itself had two sides).

NetBSD had no problem. We made 32k/4k file systems on them and went to
town.

fsck was SLOW.

Take care,

Bill