Subject: Re: arp problem
To: enami tsugutomo <enami@sm.sony.co.jp>
From: Eric Haszlakiewicz <erh@nimenees.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 10/02/2000 10:20:09
On Mon, Oct 02, 2000 at 12:00:51PM +0900, enami tsugutomo wrote:
> Eric Haszlakiewicz <erh@nimenees.com> writes:
>
> > 	Could you please update to arp.c:1.25 and rtsock.c:1.42 and make sure
> > I didn't break anything?
>
> This breaks routed, since routed may not pad the last sockaddr.  Also,
> IMHO, if the padding is a part of protocol, then the macro ROUNDUP
> should be exported via an appropriate header file.
	There is already an exported ALIGN macro that does what is needed.
Instead of exporting ROUNDUP I am going to change it to be ALIGN instead.
(I just haven't had time to get to it yet)

	As for not padding the final sockaddr: this seems like a not unreasonable
thing for something to do.  Therefore, instead of changing routed to pad
the last sockaddr I'm going to relax the check in the kernel a little
(the last addr may take up either sa_len or ALIGN(sa_len) bytes).
This also means that the COMPAT_15 ifdef can go away since on the architectures
where it would matter stuff didn't work anyway.

eric