Subject: Re: ifconfig compile problems
To: None <mike@pelley.com>
From: Atsushi Onoe <onoe@sm.sony.co.jp>
List: tech-net
Date: 07/27/2000 12:57:35
> I was playing with ifconfig so I was simply typing 'make' in the
> src/sbin/ifconfig directory - have I left out a step?
>
> The following is the output from make for the current revision (1.88):

current requires include directory (/usr/include) updated.
If you want to update your 1.5_ALPHA to current, try make -n build in
the top of base directory and see what will be done.
Otherwise (you still want to remain 1.5_ALPHA), 1.88 is the wrong revision
to be compiled on 1.5 branch.  Use '-r netbsd-1-5' option in updating cvs.

> ifconfig.c:827: `SIOCIFGCLONERS' undeclared (first use in this function)

This is only for the current tree, not for 1.5_ALPHA.

> ifconfig.c:1298: `SIOCS80211NWKEY' undeclared (first use in this function)

This is already pulled up to 1.5 branch.  However you still need make
includes in at least sys directory to header files updated.

Atsushi Onoe